8 WAYS WORLD OF WARCRAFT COULD BE BETTER.
First let me begin by telling you how much I love WOW. It’s a great game and I’ve wasted months of my life playing it. Now here are a few suggestions that I think would help improve the game.
In no specific order:
· Make Better Maps: Current maps are decent but I think you could really enhance this portion of the game. I think you could take the current “ATLAS” maps and improve them. Perhaps you could implement “discovering” maps which can be added to your map collection. It would also be nice to have an interactive map where leaders could issue commands to specific groups.
· More Solo Content: Raiding and 5-Manning instances are always fun but sometimes I just want to be a lone-wolf. I hate having to ask people to run daily escort quests or finding a party for a heroic run. Diablo 2 had a fun feature of being able to hire a mercenary. Why don’t you bring this back? It would be interesting to be able to hire a whole party instead of one mercenary. This will obviously radically change the game but I think it would be a great feature. This would save a lot of us from spamming “LF Tank”.
· More Scalable Content: When is the last time you’ve been to the Scarlet Monetary or Winterspring? Molten Core? BWL? Blizzard had the right idea of adding “HEROIC MODE”, now just make it apply to everything. How about “Heroic Mode” Scarlet Monetary? Seriously add 1 or 2 mobs and tweak the boss encounters and your golden. If you make Herod drops a rare level 70 BLUE you’ll see people flocking back through the Dark portal. (Maybe 70s will have a pleasant walk through memory lane). On the flip side maybe you can implement a Black Temple or Naxx “Easy Mode”. Easy Mode can feature subpar weapons but now casual players can actually learn the lore and experience new content.
· Stop making new RAID Content: The Black Temple was played by a small percentage of your top players. Seriously make a couple instances for the rest of us. The majority of the WoW population will not be going to BLACK TEMPLE anytime soon. As I had mentioned early, scalable content (easy mode) can fix this situation.
· More Customization: Guild Wars has an amazing customization system. Special dyes help distinguish characters from each other. The expansion looks like its going in the right direction but please make it more than just changeable hair. How about Armor Colors, Unique Eye Glows, Mount Colors?
· MORE ARENA: I actually happy with the current arena system but I still think it could be better. We have come a long way from the days of WSG! I believe more options & features can help arena be even more popular. How about non-combat viewers? I think it would be neat to sit around the arena and watch teams fight. You can scout out new strategies and see what top teams do to win. You can even charge viewers gold per fight.
· More WORLD EVENTS: Opening the Gates to AQ40 was one of the coolest world events. The war effort was a great way to get players to band together for a common goal. I remember my server only had 1 guy who could make spotted yellow tail food and everyone on the server would mail him the mats. Another one of these would be cool.
· Better Voice Communication: Instead of creating a new voice communication system why don’t you just partner with Ventrilo or Teamspeak? We all know you can afford it. The voice communication you put in isn’t that great.
Well that’s my list. If you guys have any questions leave comments or email me and I’ll tell you me char name and server!!